Renée Soto is a trusted communications advisor to companies, organizations and individuals facing complex business and legal challenges.
For more than 17 years, Renée has developed and executed strategic communications programs for transformational corporate transactions, shareholder activism campaigns, high-stakes litigation, executive transitions, corporate crises, and other special situations. Her practice includes designing and implementing high-impact public relations programs for companies and individuals facing reputational crises, regulatory investigations, and other sensitive matters.
Representative client engagements include:
- The IPO of Bausch + Lomb and ongoing media and investor relations;
- Cellebrite’s NYSE listing through a merger with TWC Tech Holdings II Corp and ongoing public relations representation;
- PDL BioPharma on activist defense against Engine Capital;
- Sorrento Therapeutics’ litigation with NANTCell, Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, et al.;
- A major airline supplier on various issues related to 737-MAX grounding;
- High-profile executive transition announcements;
- Preparing crisis communications preparedness plans and leading crisis simulations; and
- Serving as media and investor relations counsel to publicly traded companies and private investment firms.
Prior to co-founding Reevemark, Renée was a Managing Director and Partner at Sard Verbinnen, a strategic communications firm she joined in 2005. Renée began her career as an Associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore, LLP, where she worked on M&A and securities transactions.
She received an A.B. from Harvard College and a J.D. from Harvard Law School, where she was an Editor of the Harvard Law Review. Renée has a Certificate in Sustainable Business Strategy and has completed coursework in Corporate Social Responsibility at Harvard Business School.
Renée was selected as one of Lawdragon’s Global 100 Leaders in Legal Strategy & Consulting in 2021 and 2022.
Get in Touch
For more information about Reevemark or to inquire about a potential engagement, please send us an email.Email us